Route of the descents of the La Rouvière campsite. Book them directly here…
FROM CAMPING TO TOURIST SITES
The La Rouvière campsite is located in the village of Vallon Pont d’Arc in the Ardèche department. The Ardèche is a department rich in culture, art and heritage.
Our campsite is ideally located for visiting must-see tourist sites such as the Ardèche gorges, nature reserve and the Pont d’Arc.
Based at the very beginning of the gorges, our campsite is spread over an area of 4 hectares where camping pitches such as mobile homes, canvas bungalows, collective tents and individual tents, caravans and camper vans are offered.
In Ardèche, many natural sites are protected and only accessible by hiking or canoeing. We have adapted to this beautiful environment to allow you to take full advantage of this department steeped in history and rich in tourist attractions.
THE DIFFERENT ROUTE OF THE CANOE DESCENT
The descent of the Ardèche by canoe is accessible to everyone. Here are all our routes – excluding break times :
- The 8 km descent – Duration 1h30 : the beginning of the course of about 1h30 begins at the Pont de Salavas and ends on the beach of the nautical base with passage under the Pont d’Arc. The descent with crossing small rapids is easy to access.
- The 13 km descent – Duration 3 hours : the course consists of 5 fun thrilling slides with passage under the Pont d’Arc and small rapids. Forget about time and take recreational breaks along the banks. No time constraints as for the 8km. The arrival is on our beach instead of your parking lot, no need to wait for the return shuttle. Enjoy a picnic or a tanning session, take your time.
- The 24 km descent – Duration the day: from our private beach, discover the gorges, the cliffs and the nature reserve. Take your picnic, water and bath towels. This descent of the Ardèche by canoe takes you to the beach of Sauze in Saint-Martin-d’Ardèche – meeting point for the return by shuttle.
- The 32 km descent – Duration 1 or 2 days: depending on your skill, to paddle quickly. This descent is aimed more at sportsmen or at all those wishing to discover the entire canyon rather over two days without hurrying. If you want to do it over two days you can start with the 8 km route or the 24 km route. It’s up to you. We offer various types of camping or bivouac accommodation.
- The 37 km descent – Duration 2 days : All-inclusive formula with a 1st day of descent then a 1st night in a bivouac. 2nd day of canoeing arrival in Saint-Martin + recovery of the group by shuttle to return to the campsite with a 2nd night either in a bungalow or in a mobile home according to your reservation. You can also opt for the 2-night bivouac formula to set off on your own for the 2 days and fully enjoy the scenery of the Ardèche Gorges.
Book your canoes in Vallon Pont d’Arc
Would you like to book canoes at the La Rouvière campsite during your next vacation or during a weekend in the Ardèche? It’s a very good idea. After receipt of your request, a personalized quote with preferential rates will be returned to you for your online reservation.
The price depends on the age, the number of people and the chosen distance.
The descent of the Ardèche is accessible to children from 7 years old. From 8 people, the group rate is applied. The price of this leisure activity for groups of 20 people and more is cheaper than for groups of 8 to 19 people. A decreasing rate is applied.
It is possible to choose the formula with accommodation or bivouac from ten euros more per person. Reservation is not compulsory. You can decide to do the descent of the Ardèche in ‘ last minute ‘.
We are always available to answer questions and advise our customers on the different courses as well as on the organization of your stay. Do not hesitate to contact us through our online form.
We hope to welcome you soon to La Rouvière.